- THE RULES
- Hair must be 12” long (longer hair is preferred)
- Hair must be freshly washed, dry and free of styling product
- Hair must be in a braid
- Hair must be tied on each end when donated
- Hair must be organized in a ponytail when cut
- Hair cannot be bunched after it’s been on the floor
- Layered hair is acceptable as long as, the shortest layer is at least 12” long
- Hair that has been lightened (bleached) is not acceptable
- Hair that has been colored, permed or chemically processed is also not acceptable
- Curly hair is acceptable as long as, the hair is 12” long when straightened
Clean, shampoo and/or condition hair without any styling products.
After establishing your parting preference, create 4 vertical sections (2 on each side of the head, from the ears forward, and 2 sections in the back).
Create 4 tight braids with elastic bands. This enhanced sectioning will allow you to preserve more of the client’s natural length after donation. It will also maximize the amount of hair being donated
Place an additional elastic band about 1” from the ends of the hair.
Ensure that the braids are just below where you would like the hair cut.
Measure the length of the braids from band to band (minimum length is 12”).
Cut the hair above the elastic band at the nape so that the band remains intact after cutting to keep the hair together.
Place the braid (tied at both ends) inside a resealable bag, and seal tightly.
Place the bag inside a padded envelope and send to: Wigs & Wishes ATTN: Hair Donation 304 Hurffville Crosskeys Road Sewell, NJ 08080
If you would like to know when your donation is received, please include your full name and email address in your shipment.